- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
1 tbsp oil
2 onions, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
Salt and black pepper
2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
2 x 400g tins of chickpeas
2 tbsp coriander, chopped, plus extra to serve
Natural yoghurt, plus extra to serve
Naan bread and/or rice
- Vegetable oil - 1 tsp
- Onions - 2, finely chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves, crushed
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Garam masala - 1 tsp
- Ground ginger - 1 tsp
- Cayenne pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Chopped tomatoes - 1 x 400g can
- Chickpeas - 1 x 400g can
- Salt and black pepper
- Fresh coriander - 1 small handful, finely chopped
- Puri bread or naan bread - to serve
1. Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat and cook the onions for about 10 minutes, stirring often, until they are browned.
2. Add the garlic and spices, then cook for a few more minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes and chickpeas. Stir everything together to combine and simmer over a medium heat for about 15 minutes, until the liquid is reduced about a third. Season to taste.
4. Transfer to serving dish and add the coriander.
5. Serve with naan bread and delicious puri bread, with whatever sides you like!