Gluten Free Chocolate and Apricot Cupcakes
Chocolate And Apricot Cupcakes
These chocolate and apricot cupcakes are perfect for parties or just for a treat. Super moist with an apricot hit!
If you are from South Australia you will already know the local-born hero, Fruchocs. For those of you who don't know, they are a deeeeelicious chocolate ball filled with apricot and are great eaten on their own [though you won't find it easy to stop at one!] and most excitingly, they're Gluten Free! Luckily for the rest of Australia, the iconic Fruchocs have just landed nationwide and can be found in Coles supermarkets across the country.
- Gluten Free Self Raising Flour - 1 cup
- Cocoa Powder - 1/4 cup
- Caster Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Vanilla Essence - 1/2 teaspoon
- Butter - 80grams melted
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Eggs - 2
- Fruchocs - 100grams
- Fruchocs - 20
- Butter - 1/2 cup cubed
- Milk - 2 tablespoons
- Icing sugar - 2 cups
- Cocoa powder - 1 tablespoons
- Vanilla essence - 1 tablespoons
- Orange food colouring
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees
- Place 20 cupcake shells on a muffin tray
- Blitz Fruchocs in a food processor or Thermomix to a fine crumb/paste and add to a bowl.
- Add the rest of cake ingredients to the bowl and mix with a mix master on high. Make sure all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour cake batter 3/4 a way up each cupcake shell.
- Pop in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes, cupcakes a cooked once you can insert a skewer and comes out clean.
- Once cooked set cupcakes aside to cool completely before decorating.
- Add all ingredients except the Fruchocs and cocoa powder to a bowl and mix with a mix master until fully combined.
- Separate half of the mixture to another bowl and add the cocoa powder. Mix again so that the cocoa is blended through.
- In the other bowl add 1 drop of orange food colour and mix through until the icing turns orange.
- Icing should stand in stiff peaks once ready, make sure the butter is cubed not melted otherwise it will make runny icing.
- Once cup cakes have cooled completely you can start decorating. (I used a Wilton decorating tip #1M (2110) for the icing, I filled one side of the piping bag with chocolate icing and the other side with orange icing, once piped it should come out in a double colour formation.)
- Pop a Fruchoc on each cupcake.