3 Ingredient Scones – You Won’t Believe The Secret Ingredient!
- Yield: 12
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
3 Ingredient Scones
Growing up I lived on a farm and I can always remember my grandma cooking these scones for the farmers for morning tea.
As a child I loved the scone smell through the house but even more I loved cooking them with my gran, I was always allowed to put the lemonade in the bowl (the secret ingredient)! Such a small thing but a fond memory for me, now I carry on the tradition of cooking these with my kids.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
- Measure flour into a large mixing bowl
- Pour over cream and lemonade and mix together to form a sticky dough, I use a metal knife to fold the ingredients in
- Turn onto lightly floured surface so the dough will not stick and knead lightly
- Press the dough into your workbench until it is about 2-3cms thick
- Cut with scone cutter
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and sound hollow when tapped
- Serve with jam and cream or even lemon butter is nice
I have used Diet Lemonade in the past which has worked a treat too!
I have also used lemon lime and bitters, which was nice. The great thing about this recipe it is so easy to make that you can even get the kids involved.