Bacon Wrapped Pork Meatloaf
Bacon wrapped pork meatloaf
The colder nights are coming and I'm quick to jump on the baked dinner bandwagon. Deliciously moist, bacon wrapped pork meatloaf is loved by all in our home. Why not try it in yours?
- Olive oil - 1 tablespoon
- Brown onions, thinly sliced - 2
- Pork mince - 500g
- Garlic cloves, crushed - 3
- BBQ sauce - 1/3 cup
- Egg white, beaten - 1
- Fresh breadcrumbs - 1 cup
- Fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped - 1/2 tablespoon
- Fresh thyme leaves - 1/2 tablespoon
- Streaky bacon rashers - 8 - 10
- Mango Chutney - 1/4 cup, plus more to serve
- Salt and pepper - to season
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper (make sure it's a tray with sides).
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring for around 10 minutes or until golden, sweet and caramelised. Set aside to cool.
3. Combine the cooled onion, mince, garlic, BBQ sauce, egg white, breadcrumbs, rosemary, thyme and a pinch of salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix well to combine.
4. On a length of plastic wrap, place the bacon rashers crossways, slightly overlapping on the plastic to form the outside shell. Spoon the mince mixture along the middle in a sausage shape from the start of the bacon line to the end.
5. Use the plastic to carefully lift each side of the bacon over the top to meet in the middle, wrapping tightly to keep its shape. Discard the plastic and transfer to the prepared tray. Bake for 20 minutes, and baste - using a pastry brush or spoon, spread the mango chutney over the top. Cook for another 25 minutes or until browned and cooked through completely.
6. Let rest for five minutes before slicing into thick slices and serving with extra mango chutney.