The Best Pumpkin Soup Ever
Pumpkin soup, the super handy lunch meal or team it with garlic bread for a quick Friday night dinner. Use a sweet butternut pumpkin for truly delicious results.
1. In a heavy based saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for a few minutes or until soft and translucent.
2. Add the pumpkin, carrot and stock to the saucepan. Stir to combine and bring to a boil over high heat.
3. Lower the heat and bring the soup to a simmer. Cook for 30 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
4. Using a stick blender, blend the soup smooth. DO NOT put hot soup in a blender or container where hot air can't escape, you risk dangerously burning yourself and making an epic hot mess.
5. Serve with a dollop of cream, a smattering of pumpkin seeds, even fresh basil and feta if you're feeling fancy!