Chicken Pho Soup
- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 206
- Carbohydrate Content: 26.6g
- Cholesterol Content: 41mg
- Fat Content: 2.6g
- Fiber Content: 1.8g
- Protein Content: 18.8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.6g
- Serving Size: 472g
- Sodium Content: 2453mg
- Sugar Content: 8.4g
Chicken Pho Soup
- Chicken thighs - 4 medium, boneless, skinless
- Chicken stock - 1 litre
- Bok choy - 200g, stalks separated and sliced in half
- Sugar - 1 1/2 tbsp
- Fresh ginger - 1 inch piece, peeled and finely chopped
- Limes - 2
- Fish sauce - 3 tbsp
- Sou sauce - 2 tbsp
- Hoisin sauce - 1 tbsp
- Spring onions - 1, finely chopped
- Bean sprouts - 1 large handful
- Carrot - 1, grated
- Asian basil - 1 handful, leaves picked
- Coriander - 1 handful, leaves picked
- Fresh chilli
- Fried shallots
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- Place the chicken thighs on a baking tray lined with foil. Season with salt and pepper, then place in the oven for 20 minutes. Once done, remove and set aside to cool.
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions and set aside.
- Bring the chicken stock to a boil and add the bok choy, sugar and ginger. Simmer for 2-3 minutes. Then add the fish sauce, soy sauce and hoisin sauce. Slice up the chicken then add to the stock and simmer for 3 minutes more. Check to see that the bok choy is cooked, it should be tender but still have a bite.
- Squeeze in the juice of one of the limes.
- Divide the rice noodles between 4 bowls, then fill the bowls with soup.
- Divide the spring onions, bean sprouts, carrot, basil, coriander, fresh chilli and shallots between the bowls just before serving. Slice the remaining lime into 4 quarters and serve a wedge with each bowl.