Chicken and Vegetable Sausage Rolls For a Lunch Box Win
Chicken and Vegetable Sausage Rolls
These sausage rolls won't last long! Perfect for the school lunch box, family picnic or kid's party, these sausage rolls are packed full of vegetables and a tasty chicken twist!
- Frozen puff pastry, thawed - 4 sheets
- Chicken Mince - 500g
- Sausage Mince - 500g
- Brown onion, diced - 1
- Carrot, grated - 1
- Zucchini, grated - 1
- Tomato sauce - 2 tablespoons
- Worcestershire Sauce - 1 tablespoon
- Fresh bread crumbs - 1 cup
- Salt and Pepper
- Milk - 1 tablespoon
- Egg - 1
- Sesame Seeds - 1 tablespoon
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine zucchini, carrot, onion, sausage mince, chicken mince, bread crumbs, tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Mix together until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Slice the pastry sheets in half. Whisk together the milk and egg. Using a pastry brush, brush one long edge of the pastry half with the egg mixture. Repeat for all pieces of pastry.
4. Divide the sausage mixture between the pastry halves, creating long sausages on each piece. Roll the sides of pastry together, tucking the seam underneath.
5. Cut each pastry roll into four pieces. Place on the baking trays, seam side down. Brush the tops with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
6. Bake in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, until pastry is golden and puffed. Serve warm or cold, delicious!