Dinner In A Flash! Beef, Vegetable and Noodle Stir-Fry
- Yield: 5
Beef, Vegetable and Noodle Stir-Fry
The perfect opportunity to rid your fridge of vegetable remnants, a quick flash in the pan with delicious strips of beef and dinner is done!
- Hoisin sauce - 1/2 cup
- Chinese Five Spice - 1 teaspoon
- Beef strips - 500g
- Red capsicum, sliced - 1/2
- Carrot, peeled and sliced into match sticks - 2
- Zucchini, halved sliced - 1
- Broccoli, cut into florets - 200g
- Green Spring Onion, sliced - 2
- Brown Onion, cut into wedges - 1
- Garlic, crushed - 2 cloves
- Ginger, minced - 3 teaspoons
- Shelf fresh noodles (hokkien or thin egg style) - 220g
- Sesame seeds - 1 tablespoon
- Oil, for frying - 2 tablespoons
1. Combine the hoisin sauce and Chinese five spice powder together. In a bowl, pour half the sauce onto the beef strips. Leave them to marinate for five minutes.
2. Begin to prepare the noodles as per packet instructions.
3. In a large wok or frying pan, heat one tablespoon of oil. Stir-fry the beef in two to three batches until browned. Transfer to a plate and cover. Wipe out the wok with paper towel.
4. Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil. Stir-fry the onion wedges for two minutes or until just starting to char. Add the carrot, capsicum, broccoli, ginger and garlic. Stir fry for two minutes at a high heat.
5. Add the beef strips back to the wok along with the drained noodles, spring onions and remaining sauce. Stir through until hot.
6. Divide between plates and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately.