Fluffy, Yummy Pikelets – the Perfect Toddler Finger Food
A favourite in our home eaten with butter and jam or dipped in maple syrup - how do you fancy your pikelets?
1. Sift the flour and sugar into a bowl.
2. Add the egg and enough of the milk to whisk into a thick batter, beating out any lumps. Gradually add the rest of the milk.
3. Heat a frying pan over medium low heat and melt the butter.
4. Drop heaped tablespoons of batter into the pan. Cook for a minute and wait for bubbles to appear before flipping to cook the other side.
5. Gobble them up warm or cold. You can even pop them in the freezer!