Super Crunchy and Mighty Delicious Home Made Fish Fingers
Home Made Fish Fingers
Perfect for kids who love fish fingers but won't eat an ACTUAL piece of fish, this is the solution! Take a firm white fish fillet, cut it into fingers and make your very own fish fingers. Kids won't look at the boxed variety again.
1. Slice the fish fillets into 3cm wide fingers (or chunkier if you prefer).
2. Season the flour with salt and pepper. Gently toss the pieces of fish through the flour, shaking off the excess.
3. Combine the eggs and milk, whisking together, set aside. Combine the breadcrumbs and lemon zest on a plate.
4. Dip the fish into the egg mixture and then roll it in the breadcrumbs. Lightly press the crumbs onto the fish, transfer to a plate. Repeat for all fish.
5. Heat a cm of oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the fish for three to four minutes either side, until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a kitchen paper towel lined plate before serving.
6. Serve with salad stuffs the kids will love to pick at, plus a blob of tomato sauce or mayonnaise for good measure!