These Lemon bars are so yummy and offer the right balance of sweet and tart flavours, perfect for an afternoon treat!
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Line a baking a 22cm tray with baking paper
- Place the base ingredients in a mixing bowl use your finger tips to mix you want a crumble texture to start forming, the mixture will be more dry then moist.
- Press the mixture into the tray evenly packing it quite firm.
- Pop into the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the base is cooking start on the filling.
- Mix the eggs, sugar, flour and lemon juice together.
- Once base has cooked pour the mixture over the top and pop back in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle more icing sugar over the top.
- I think it is best eaten cool, hubby likes it warm.
- Slice and enjoy!