Lemon and Parmesan Veal Schnitzel With Coleslaw Puts the Crunch into Dinnertime
Lemon Parmesan Veal Schnitzel and Coleslaw
Schnitzel and crunchy, colourful coleslaw go hand in hand for a tasty dinner. Make delicious schnitzels from scratch with this great recipe from Australian Veal.
- Veal schnitzel steak - 4 x 100g steaks
- lemons - zest and juice of one lemon, plus extra wedges to serve
- Fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped - 2 tablespoons
- Parmesan cheese, finely grated - 25g
- Panko breadcrumbs - 150g
- Plain flour - 1/3 cup
- Eggs, lightly beaten - 2
- Olive oil - 1/4 cup
- 400g pre-pack coleslaw, to serve
- Steamed chat potatoes to serve
- salt and pepper - to taste
1. Combine lemon zest, parsley, parmesan and panko breadcrumbs in a large shallow bowl. Season and stir to combine.
2. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Pour egg into a separate shallow bowl. Working with one piece of veal at a time, toss in the flour to coat, brushing off the excess. Dip in egg mixture, and then press in the panko breadcrumb mixture to coat. Transfer to a plate.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook veal, in batches if necessary (don't overcrowd the pan!), for three to four minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Set aside on a plate lined with paper towel.
3. Place coleslaw in a large bowl, drizzle with remaining lemon juice and oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
4. Serve veal schnitzels with coleslaw, steamed potatoes and lemon wedges.
This is an original recipe from Australian Veal.