Lunch Box Friendly Raspberry, Banana and Honey Loaf
Raspberry, Banana and Honey Loaf
Packed full of fruit and topped with deliciously crunchy pepitas, this no frills loaf cake packs a flavoursome punch perfect for morning tea.
- Butter, room temperature - 150g
- Brown Sugar - 1 cup
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Eggs - 2
- Vanilla Paste - 1 teaspoon
- Honey - 3 tablespoons
- Mashed Banana - 1 cup
- Self-Raising Flour - 2 cups
- Baking Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Ground Cinnamon - 1/2 teaspoon
- Raspberries, fresh or frozen - 3/4 cup, plus a few extra
- Pepitas - 2 tablespoons
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add the vanilla.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition.
4. Add the mashed banana and honey.
5. Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into the mixture. Gently mix together until combined.
6. Fold in the raspberries.
7. Spoon the mixture into a greased loaf tin and sprinkle with extra raspberries and pepitas.
8. Bake for 50 minutes or until cooked through in the centre when tested with a skewer.
9. Let cool in tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Slice generously to serve. Yum!