Chewy Mini Muesli Bar Bites
Mini Muesli Bar Bites
Just the right size for a quick (well portioned) sweet treat and packed with seeds and fruit, you might be hard pressed to stop at just one.
- Uncle Toby's traditional oats - 2 cups
- Sunflower seeds - 1/2 cup
- Pepitas, chopped - 1/3 cup
- Sesame seeds - 1/3 cup
- Dried cranberries, roughly chopped - 1/3 cup, plus 1/4 cup extra to top
- Butter, chopped - 100g
- Brown sugar - 1/2 cup
- Honey - 1/4 cup
- Vanilla paste - 1 teaspoon
- White chocolate Melts, melted - 1/3 cup
- Ground cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a mini muffin tin or line one with paper mini muffin liners.
2. On a baking tray, combine the oats, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and pepitas. Bake for 13 minutes until lightly toasted. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
3. In a saucepan, melt together the butter, honey, sugar and vanilla until butter has melted and the mixture is smooth. You can also do this in a heatproof jug in the microwave.
4. Add the butter mix to the oat mix and add in the cranberries and cinnamon. Mix together until evenly dispersed.
5. Spoon the mixture into the cases, pressing firmly using the back of a spoon. (If you don't press them in, they'll be crumbly!)
6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden. Cool completely in the tin. Remove from the tin and place on a rack.
7. Melt the chocolate in a microwave and place in a small zip-lock bag. Snip the corner and drizzle over the cold muesli bar bites.
A tweaked Women's Weekly recipe, these Muesli Bar Bites will keep well in an airtight container for up to a week.