How to Poach an Egg Perfectly Every Time in the Microwave
Poach A Perfect Egg In The Microwave
We eat poached eggs a lot in our house and I have them down to a fine art. I don't use any fancy machine, simply a microwave and it's so easy and only takes a minute.
- In a microwave-safe bowl add water and vinegar.
- Crack egg into middle of bowl.
- Pop in microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Use an egg flipper to gently remove from bowl onto toast or plate.
- The egg will keep cooking in the water if you don't remove it once cooked.
- Use fresh water and vinegar for each egg - don't use the same as it will be already hot and will overcook the egg.
- This is based on an 1100 watt microwave. You may need to adjust timing in accordance with your microwave, if in doubt cook in 5 second increments. This method is perfect for an 1100 watt model.