Simple Mix and Bake Pear and Walnut Loaf
Pear & Walnut Loaf
No need to buy fresh fruit for this pear and walnut loaf, the proof is in the pantry! Keep some jars or tins of pears on hand and you'll always have afternoon tea when friends drop in. Delicious, every time.
- Plain flour - 3 cups
- Baking powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking soda - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Ground cinnamon - 2 teaspoons
- Ground ginger - 1/4 teaspoon
- Vegetable oil - 3/4 cup
- Brown sugar - 2 cups
- Eggs - 3
- Goulburn Valley 700g Pears in juice fridge pack
- Vanilla essence - 2 teaspoons
- Chopped walnuts - 1 1/2 cups
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C. Spray one large loaf pan with non-stick baking spray, line with baking paper and set aside.
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. Cream together vegetable oil, sugar and eggs. Spoon in the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in your Goulburn Valley Pears, vanilla essence and walnuts.
4. Pour into the prepared baking pan and bake for 60 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the centre of the bread.
An original recipe from SPC.