Traditional Crepe Recipe and Sweet and Savoury Topping Ideas
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 149
- Carbohydrate Content: 17.5g
- Cholesterol Content: 0.75g
- Fat Content: 6.3g
- Fiber Content: 0.6g
- Protein Content: 5.3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3.4g
- Serving Size: 92g
- Sodium Content: 0.66g
- Sugar Content: 1.6g
Traditional Crepe Recipe
Here's our crepe recipe - tweak it depending on whether you want sweet or savoury!
- Combine all of the ingredients with an electric mixer.
- Chill the batter in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Heat a small knob of butter in a large non-stick pan on a medium heat, making sure the butter is coating the entire base of the pan.
- Pour enough batter into the pan to coat the base of the pan in a thin layer.
- Cook until bubbles form in the batter, the edges are dry, and the under side is beginning to turn golden, then flip and cook other side until golden brown.
Crepes are one of the best weekend breakfasts, try our yummy crepe recipe and mix and match it with different toppings!
For a sweet crepe, add 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the mixture.
- Strawberries and Nutella
- Lemon and sugar
- Melted dark chocolate and candied orange
- Whipped cream and fresh apricots
- Salted caramel and vanilla ice cream
- Strawberry jam and clotted cream
For a savoury crepe, add some herbs to the mixture and a pinch of salt.
- Lamb, tzatziki and sliced tomato
- Hummus and tabouleh
- Smoked salmon, chives, and cream cheese
- Cooked spinach, mushrooms and crumbled feta
- Ham, hollandaise sauce and a poached egg
- Chickpeas, rocket and greek yoghurt