- Yield: 6
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 210˚C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl, rub the butter into the flour, until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar and salt.
- Make a well in the centre and stir in the milk with a wooden spoon.
- Stir to combine until the mixture is even and the dough comes together. Turn out onto a floured surface then shape the dough into a rough square about 3-4cm thick. Do not knead too much and overwork the dough, this will make the scones to dense.
- Transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Brush all over with milk and score into nine scones.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden and cooked though.
- Serve with whatever you like!