Crispy, Creamy Parmesan Potato Bake
Parmesan Potato Bake
Potato bake is a firm favourite for families. Make it fancy by standing your spuds up instead of laying them down to make the ultimate crunchy top, creamy bottom potato bake.
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C. Find a baking dish suitable to support potatoes and liquid.
2. Combine the milk, cream, garlic and half the parmesan cheese in a jug.
2. Stand the potato slices upright in rows or snaking around the edge of the bowl. Fill in the centre with extra slices.
3. Poke the onion in between the potatoes. Pour the cream mixture over the top.
4. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 1 1/2 hours or until the potato is just tender.
5. Remove foil from the dish and increase the oven temperature to 170°C. Sprinkle the potato bake with remaining parmesan cheese, return to the oven and bake, uncovered, for an hour or until golden brown and potatoes very tender.
6. Let stand for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with thyme leaves before serving.