Maple Roasted Pumpkin, Rocket and Feta Salad – Making Pumpkin Great Again
Maple Roasted Pumpkin, Rocket and Feta Salad
This recipe truly is pumpkin dressed up in its fanciest outfit. Deliciously different, it tantalises tastebuds. Served warm or cold, it's the perfect salad side dish to bring along to your next get together.
- Pumpkin of your choice (I use a Jap or Butternut variety) - peel on, seeds removed, cut into thick wedges
- Maple syrup - 1/4 cup
- Olive oil - 1/4 cup
- Ground Cumin - 1 - 2 teaspoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Firm Feta Cheese, crumbled - 1/4 cup
- Dried cranberries - 1/3 cup
- Slivered almonds (or nut of your choice) - 1/3 cup
- Baby rocket leaves - 120g
1. Preheat the oven to a hot 200°C . Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, maple syrup, cumin and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk with a fork to combine.
3. Dip each pumpkin wedge into the oil mix, coating it completely and place it on the baking tray. Repeat for all pieces. Pour remaining oil over the pumpkin pieces.
4. Cook for around 20 minutes or until tender. Turn once during the cooking time for even caramelising.
5. Prepare a plate with a bed of 2/3 of the rocket leaves. Lay the pumpkin pieces (warm or cold) over the top of the rocket. Place the remaining rocket over the top and in between the pieces.
6. Sprinkle the pumpkin and rocket with the crumbled feta, dried cranberries, slivered almonds and an extra splash of olive oil. Delicious!