This Eggplant Pasta is a great mid week meal, so quick to put together and very tasty.
I sometimes make this the night before, and then I'll add cheese to the top and bake in the oven for 40 minutes. Its an easy meal to have prepared as I pop it in the oven while I bath the kids <multi tasking mumma right here!>
- Eggplant - 2 Medium Sized
- Olive Oil - 60ml
- Onion - 1 large, diced
- Garlic - 2 cloves, finely chopped
- Diced Tomatoes - 1 400g tin
- Red Wine - 1 Tablespoon (optional)
- Vegeta - 1 Teaspoon
- Tomato Puree - 1 Tablespoon
- Basil - 1 Bunch roughly torn
- past - 1 Packet of your favourite, cooked per packet instructions
- Add oil to a large frying pan and cook on high.
- Add the eggplant, onion and garlic and fry off, making sure you keep turning so it doesn't catch.
- Once eggplant is caramelised, add the rest of the ingredients and turn down low and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Boil pasta as per packet instructions, drain and set aside.
- Once sauce is cooked, add the basil and stir though.
- Add the sauce to the pasta and ensure it's evenly coated in the sauce.
- Serve with parmesan and enjoy!
Eggplant is a very low calorie vegetable and has healthy nutrition profile; good news for weight watchers! The veggie is popularly known as aubergine in the western world and when teamed with pasta creates a lovely filling, easy and tasty Eggplant Pasta dish!