Jam drops are by far my favourite biscuit to bake and eat. They're so morish and perfect with a cup of tea.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees, and line 2 oven trays with baking paper.
- Mix the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Add custard powder and flour and mix with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on tray leaving a 2 inch space between each ball.
- Push ball down into a flat biscuit shape and use the end of a spoon to make a well for jam.
- Spoon half a teaspoon of jam into each biscuit.
- Pop in the oven and cook for 15 minutes until slightly golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool, they will firm up as they cool.