- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Vegetable oil - 1 tbsp
- Spring onions - 2, finely chopped
- Pancetta - 5 slices, finely chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves, minced
- Mushrooms - 200g, sliced
- Risotto rice - 300g
- Vegetable stock - 900ml
- White wine - 1/2 cup
- Salt and black pepper
- Parmesan - grated (to serve)
- Fresh Parsley - finely chopped, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the spring onions and pancetta over a medium-high heat for a few seconds. Add the rice and cook over a low heat for about 1 min, constantly stirring.
- Heat up the stock in the microwave until it is hot but not boiling.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms, then pour in about half the hot stock and stir well. Cook over a medium heat for 12-15 mins, stirring often and gradually and adding the remaining stock a little at a time until the rice has absorbed all the liquid.
- Add the white wine and keep stirring for another 7 minutes, making sure all the alcohol is cooked out.
- Taste the rice to check that it is tender. It should be creamy but cooked through. If it needs cooking for a bit longer, add a touch more hot water.
- Grate over parmesan to taste then stir to melt and absorb in. Season to taste.
- Serve with grated parmesan and parsley on top.