This Peppermint Slice is great to enjoy as a treat with a cup of tea or coffee. WARNING: Stopping at one piece is HARD!
There is something amazing about peppermint and chocolate together, I find you either love it or hate it and this falls under the 'love it' category!
The thing I love about this Peppermint Slice is that it is so simple to make ... you can literally make it in 3 minutes and have it on the table when guests come in 2 hours, what is not to love!?
- Place the peppermint chocolate and condensed milk in a microwave bowl and cook on high for 1 minute.
- Blitz the packet of biscuits in a Thermomix or blender. The finer you blend them the more "fudge like" it will be. If you like a more crunchy base, back off on the blending.
- Add the condensed milk mixture to the biscuit crumbs and stir through well.
- Pour mixture into a lined baking tray and spread evenly.
- In another microwave bowl melt the white chocolate for 1 minute.
- Once cooked, add a few drops of green food colour and mix through.
- Add the white/green chocolate to the top of the slice and spread evenly, you will have to work quite quickly as the chocolate starts to set once the dye touches it.
- Crumble up the Peppermint Crisp bar across the top of the slice.
- Pop in the fridge and leave to set for 2- 3 hours (depending on whether you like a soft or firm slice.)
You don't have to add the melted white chocolate the slice is yummy on its own with no topping!