How To Make The Perfect Mashed Potatoes
Perfect Mashed Potatoes
My favorite food in the whole wide world would have to be mashed potatoes. Yep, you just can't beat plain old mash. That said, it has to be fluffy, hot and creamy. Here's how we make the perfect mashed potatoes, and hope it changes the way you make yours!
- Place the potatoes into a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to the boil
- Once boiled turn down to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Potatoes are ready once you can insert a fork or knife into the potato and it drops off easily.
- Once cooked drain all water from potatoes.
- Start mashing /mixing the potatoes with a hand held mixer.
- Add the butter, salt and pepper and keep mixing. Then add milk and mix until all lumps are out and are silky smooth.
- Transfer to serving bowl and enjoy with your favorite main. This mash is so good you can eat it on its own!
What is you favourite food? Do you have a favorite recipe you would like to share?