Smashed Pea and Egg Toasties
Smashed Peas And Egg Toasties
This yummy toast topping idea is great come Sunday morning - smashed peas and egg toasties for everyone!
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Cook the peas in a large saucepan of boiling water for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of the cooking water.
- Transfer the peas to the bowl of a food processor.
- Add reserved water and process until almost smooth
- Butter bread and add to a tray lined with baking paper.
- Pop in the oven for 12- 15 minutes (bread needs to be a hard toast texture).
- Slice eggs in thirds
- Once bread is cooked add 2 -3 tablespoons of smashed pees mixture, top with slice of egg and season with salt and pepper.
Add lemon juice or Tabasco sauce for a kick - yummo!