This vegetable bake is filing as a meal on its own or great as a side. Packed full of veggies, it is super tasty and healthy!
- Zucchini sliced thinly - 2
- Sweet potato sliced thinly - 1
- Pumpkin sliced thinly - 1/4
- Onion sliced and left in rings - 1
- Potato's peeled and sliced thinly - 3
- Red capsicum sliced - 1
- Carrot grated - 2
- garlic clove crushed - 1
- Milk - 300ml
- Cream - 500ml
- Mixes herbs - 1 tablespoon
- Cheese grated, we use cheddar or mozzarella - 150g
- Salt and pepper pinch
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- In a pouring jug add the milk cream, crushed garlic, salt and pepper and mixed herbs and stir through.
- In a deep oven proof dish place a layer of potato, sweet potato, capsicum, onion and zucchini.
- Add a layer of grated carrot and the pour a third of the milk mixture across the veggies.
- Repeat same process with veggies and milk mix until all used up.
- You want to make sure all veggies have been touched with liquid.
- Pop in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Take out of oven after 30 mins and sprinkle the grated cheese across the top, place back in oven for a further 25 minutes until top is golden in colour.
- The veggies should be soft enough to eat, check my inserting a fork, they should slide off if cooked.
- Serve on its own or with your favourite meat dish.