Zucchini and Ham Muffins for a Delicious Savoury Snack
Zucchini and Ham Muffins
You can't go wrong with a savoury muffin. This basic recipe is super easy. Just add your own tasty favourite extras (chopped sun-dried tomatoes, chopped olives) for even more flavour. They're delicious both warm and cold!
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with muffin cases (or grease the tin really well).
2. Whisk the buttermilk, oil and eggs together in a small bowl or jug.
3. Sift the flour into a large bowl. Add the grated cheese, ham, zucchini, sun-dried tomatoes if using and season with salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
4. Pour the buttermilk mixture into the bowl and mix gently until just combined.
5. Divide the mixture between the muffin holes. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through.
6. Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Serve warm or cool completely.